ATX Community

CTC

cathyan

Calculating fine for me on Proformaed and new..

Is your return complete or incomplete? Did you recalculate? (press green button on bottom) It does recalculate on its own after a while. I believe clicking on other froms forces a recalc.

Did you try a test return also?

I've been seeing some strange things with CTC and exemptions. Not sure if they are my new "dummy" test returns or on proformaed. But hitting the green dot (recalculate button) next to the date at the bottom right of the screen seems to help (sometimes).

It was probably a recalc issue. Recalc does take a bit of time so you have to be patient.

I have a return MFJ, 2 dep, sch A, B, C, D, SE, 3 W2, 1099R, SS, 4562, two 8606, 8812, 8863, 8867, 8949 & all the corresponding state forms and it takes close to two minutes to recalc when the green button is pressed....sheesh thats long.

Crank - I agree that it seems kinda long. That just shows how spoiled we've gotten with computers. How long would it take you to manually recalculate that many forms?

There are some simple 1040 EZ type returns that I think I could do faster by hand than on computer. But other than that I'll wait for a computer to recalculate!

Ah yes, the pencil then graduated to a manual typewriter and thought we were top notch when we bought a typwriter we could plug in. Then OMG!! a correct ribbon. All joking around set aside, I am an educator during the daytime which is my main job. While technology is great, our young people have relied on it so much that they aren't able to use their minds to do math problems, check spelling; etc. Their attitude is if the computer didn't do it right it is not their fault. How about a simple task like counting money forwards and backwards? While we may be old, we learned skills way beyond what is learned today. Kinda sad really and at times, I am embarrassed to say that I am part of the educational system.

Okay enough of that, the little green button is a great tool. I prepared a return this afternoon that did not bring the spouse's SS# to the printed 1040 while in print preview. Clicked on the green button and there it is all was where it is supposed to be. Maybe once everything else is straightend out they can address the slowness of the recalculation. But for now, I am just happy that it is there and works.