ATX Community

Client letter - again

Maribeth

Okay, I have read the appropriate parts of the User Manual and I have watched the webinar. I have determined that the client letter looks like s**t and is not appropriate for our office.

I have just spent about 2 hours, formatting, editing, changing, etc the Individual Tax Due template. I have entered our logo, have customized the signature, have changed wording, added, deleted, and all-around fine tuning.

It looks great. EXCEPT for one thing: the margins. The letter is too close to the left margin and too far away from the right margin.

So my question is has anyone been able to tweak the margins? I have tried to tab, to use the space bar. I have created the letter in Word and then imported into templates as the User Manual suggests. The margins are still wrong. (Of course the User Manual indicates that "Page Setup" is not a function currently suported.)

RitaB or Joanmcq -- I believe one of you was able to get a decent letter using the template function. Any help here? Anyone else?

Maribeth

I use the stock letters. I've only printed one sofar, didn't really like the look-I dislike Ariel, but.... Maybe I'll tweak it a bit later.

Just got my first RDP return in, and my issue is whether I'll be able to efile these returns yet. And the form the IRS created this year to do these is CRAP, and doesn't flow or populate from the rest of the software. And this isn't an ATX thing, Lacerte doesn't tie to the new form either, and isn't planning on doing so (per my lgbt tax listserve). So, I have a working program, but more issues than just whether I like the look of the client letter.

• Like 1