ATX Community

After 12.7 update cannot open ATX 2012 on Workstation

Chowdahead

After I updated automatically to 12.7 on Server ATX 2012 will not open on the workstation. When I initially tried to open it on the workstation it said there was an update available so I tried to update but then it generated an error saying a file could not be accessed and I could choose Try Again, Ingnore, or Cancel.

I cancelled and ran Netsetup on the workstation. I uninstalled ATX 2012 on the workstation, and reinstalled. Now it will not open.

The ATX splash screen doesn't appear and it doesn't appear in my list of running processes. I tried to launch it 10 times and it doesn't run.

I have rebooted.
I have disabled Windows Firewall and antinvirus on both Server and Workstation
I have even mapped a drive to the exact folder on ther Server where the program is installed and gave Full Control.

It doesn't appear to be an access issue because Netsetup uninstalls and installs on the workstation. I just cannot launch the software on the workstation. The Server is working normally.

Have been on hold for tech support for an hour. Still waiting. Any ideas?

After uninstall on the workstation, look for and delete C:ProgramDataCCH Small Firm Services, reboot the workstation, then run netsetup again. ProgramData is a hidden directory and will need to be exposed. With the new program, ATX is now installed into two locations.

I think I had the same problem. I tried to run the update for 12.7 from a workstation when I was prompted to by ATX and hit errors part way through. Afterwards nothing worked. To fix it I did the update again but this time I downloaded the update from the ATX download center. It gave instructions to save the update file to the desktop and run it from there. I did this on our server and after it completed everything was working again.