ATX Community

ATX Press Release in August Almost Hilarious

Chowdahead

Just came across this press release posted on the ATX corporate web site on Aug. 28

https://www.cchsfs.com/press/press_28.html

Reading it almost sounds like reading an SNL skit. Some of my favorite quotes:

The new software release is the culmination of an extended development process which focused on productivity gains and incorporated more ATX user input than ever before.

If productivity means sitting around doing nothing while the software takes 7 minutes to start after the 16th crash of the day then he's correct. Plus it's so efficient that it didn't even notify you of certain forms that needed to be completed! Hey, it's technically more efficient to just skip pages of required forms. And....

ATX 2012 delivers improved efficiency, expanded client customization options and a fresh new user interface.

Again with the efficiency.. seems to be a theme here. And...

The new software also offers tax professionals more opportunities to customize the way they manage their client relationships, from the way returns are presented to the content of client communications.

Yeah, I can see how the client letter is more efficient, because it's quick to just close it and to use Microsoft Word to create my own instead. Finally...

"Tax professionals told us they needed software which met their unique needs and didn't force-close them into cookie-cutter solutions," explained Gramlich.

ok.. I added the word "close" after "force". Seemed appropriate!