ATX Community

CCH has destroyed ATX and Kleinrock, who's next?

Mainetaxguy

Why did CCH buy both ATX and Kleinrock? They have destroyed two very good companies. It seems that every time CCH buys a company, they just screw things up.

Not only has Jeff Gramlich, the CCH SFS president, and the guy in charge of ATX, has resigned, but other top CCH officials have been forced to resign too (but not related to the ATX mess).

Mike Sabbatis, CEO of CCH - gone!

Ray Barlow, VP of sales of CCH - gone!

Pretty soon...CCH's profit will be....gone!

They keep buying out companies, laying good people off, doing all kinds of "reorgs" of their various departments, telling us they are "customer focused" and in the end...all you want back is your old ATX and Kleinrock....

Well,at least we can to to Parker Tax Publishing for research....let's hope CCH doesn't buy them out anytime soon....Good luck during tax season!

Did you happen to receive an e-mail today from The Progressive Accountant? There is a link to an article entitled "CCH Parent adopts new brand strategy". Interesting. If I could figure out how to post the e-mail here, I would...but....if you'd like me to forward the e-mail to you, just give me your address.

AnnieR

Cbslee,

I agree with you. Most companies feel that all you have to do is rebrand the company, and come out with a great slogan, or some other marketing campaign, and all will be good. What CCH (and other companies) don't realize is that what makes a good company is the product it produces. If you create a good product, the marketing will take care of itself - because word of mouth (WOM), referrals, and social media will take care of all your marketing. It's like reading a good book - if you like it - you tell your friends, and their friends tell their friends, etc. If you have a good tax prep program, people will sing your praises. If you have a lousy program - beware, you can kiss your profits goodbye.