ATX Community

Another article for CCH

TaxMan60601

http://www.theprogressiveaccountant.com/tax/cch-new-prez-to-grapple-with-atx-mess.html

I can't stand not to share this: " ... I have now been on the phone with customer assistance since 10:30 a.m.. I am on hold for Tech Support for the past 36 minutes. The result is we have been out of business for the last 2.5 hours. No resolution in sight."

Imho ... poor Mike - 36 mins, lol.

... or should I say Lucky one!? ...

In addition to this, some useful info:

http://www.irs.gov/Individuals/First-Time-Homebuyer-Credit-Account-Look-up - Use our First Time Homebuyer Credit Account Look-up Tool to get account information such as the total amount of your credit or your repayment amount.

With all the high level executives resigning, it will be interesting to see if any ATX mid-level managers will keep their jobs after tax season. I suspect internal reviews are quietly going on behind the scenes to find out who messed up. The sad thing is that CCH as a whole actually does put out some good products. But there is something about the company's culture that allows good people to constantly shoot themselves in the foot. I once knew a manager who worked in Riverwoods (HQ at CCH) who told me there was something about the culture that didn't seem right to him. When he mentioned this in passing to his supervisor, she immediately began to turn on him, criticizing him constantly for his work, and just giving him a hard time. It was almost like he was working in a movie version of the "Stepford wives" where everyone had to conform. Eventually, he quit and found a better job.

People at the bottom are always seeing the train wreck coming...but they don't want to warn top management for fear of losing their jobs. There this sense of discontent between top executives and low level employees that overwhelms everybody's sense of good judgment.

• Like 2