ATX Community

OneDesk Software

Terry D EA

OneDesk is offering renewals starting at $199 for only 25 returns on their web version. Seems like they have different pricing structures that cater to your needs. Like MRichmann, I am waiting for the 2013 demo before I actually renew. Pricing is fair and I like the fact that someone who only prepares 25 returns pay less than having to purchase the entire product.

Okay, I'm going on this rant regarding OneDesk. I have been trying to resolve an issue with the calcualtion of the Schedule D for Trusts. OneDesk insists they are calculating the form correctly. Yes, they are for a 1041!!!! But... for form 5227 they are not. The friggin instructions for the form state for 1041 filers to fill out section three (I think as it is the section for calcualting the cap gains tax). the other parts of the form reference the amounts to the trust and the beneies. So, forget it OneDesk OltPro or whoever owns this software as there is no way I will use it. Your engineers need to bone up on the tax laws. Yes, I am correct as I have been preparing this kind of return since 1994. Each and every other year has been handled correctly. I fixed the problem by manually filing out the Schedule D online at the IRS site and put it in the return. Oaky I'm done now.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...