ATX Community

Wow..so many extensions this year...wonder why??

ari

I'm not sure., but it will be up. I moved up my deadline in my January letter, but apparently a lot of my clients think that it didn't apply to them and are having a cow. I told them when the returns came in that they would be extended, but they thought that I would change my mind. I will be lucky to get done the ones that came in before the deadline.

• Like 1

Crap, even W-2s were later this year. And the tax season is 74 days instead of 102 like last year. It's been hell. And the damn worksheet I was working on last night didn't save and I have to start all over again. It's a spreadsheet, not ATX. I'm about to have a meltdown over a frikkin spreadsheet. You think I'm tired?

• Like 5

It's been a weird tax season. The first half of February was busier than I've had in years. Then late Feb & the first three weeks of March were kind of mild--I was starting to get a little worried! It finally started picking up again in late March. I average about 20 extensions--looks like I'll be just a couple above that range this year.

This is the first tax season in four years that I haven't been dealing with my wife's serious illness (still sick, just not nearly as bad) so that has been a relief. I did leave the church last year that I had pastored for several years (partly to be able to tend to her) so that has also helped in terms of time I can devote to tax prep and the rest of my church/ministry consulting gig.

Yes, everyone gets a bit 'on edge' this time of year.. Too much caffeine, too little sleep, too many procrastinating clients trying to put their problems on us..........

We just need to remember we are all friends here, trying to help each other. And take this last stretch with as much a sense of humor as possible.

Guest Taxed

Crap, even W-2s were later this year. And the tax season is 74 days instead of 102 like last year. It's been hell. And the damn worksheet I was working on last night didn't save and I have to start all over again. It's a spreadsheet, not ATX. I'm about to have a meltdown over a frikkin spreadsheet. You think I'm tired?

Friend, don't let this stress destroy your life! That is why we have extensions. Just told a client that we will file an extension because her K1 will not be available until May/June. She got a letter from the accountant of the partnership and went ballistic!

Stress is NOT good for you especially stress over Tax!

Taxed!

I am going to be filing more extensions this year then ever before. All the clients who dropped off after March 20 were told they might have to go on extension, but they don't believe it because we tell them that every year and usually I am able to get them done. But this year I am serious! With the backlog from form delays and ATX issues, I am still working on returns dropped off prior to March 20. And it is April 5.