ATX Community

W-2 input screen copy

mircpa

Hello friends

I have to do paper file IN tax return for a client. W2 copy is misplaced. I am trying to print summary totals and summary payers, problem is this is not showing Employer's EIN number when I print and I know this will be kicked out, and when I right click in W2 input screen it wouldnt allow me to print. Does anybody knows how to print W2 input screen

thanks

You may file Forms W-2 and W-3 electronically on the SSA’s website at Employer Reporting Instructions & Information. You can create fill-in versions of Forms W-2 and W-3 for filing with SSA. You may also print out copies for filing with state or local governments, distribution to your employees, and for your records.
Just go there and create the replacement form and print it.
Of course, you could do the same thing with the ATX payroll forms, if you have that. Don't know which software you use, so the SSA advice covers everyone.

• 2 months later...

I am also seeing the same issue. Why would ATX remove my ability to priint the W-2 Input screen? Earlier in the year I noticed the same issue with the 1099-MIISC.

This seems to be a marketing/sales driven decision because ATX must think tax preparers are bypassing their Payroll software and using the Input screen to print forms (which is ludicrous).

I have always had access to print this screen, which came in ahndy if I misplaced a w-2 and wanted to keep something in the hard file.