ATX Community

Ohio Extensions

Lion EA

OK, so the daughter of an old client moved back to CT in 2012 from Ohio. Frantically e-filing extensions. She worked in OH, MA, and CT, dropped off most 2012 documents but hasn't unboxed her old returns. Does OH have their own extension form or accept the federal? Do I need local extensions also? This'll be my first OH return, so I know I'll be back here. But, please just help me get her on extension for now! Thanx.

Guest Taxed

Don't you hate those last minute surprises when someone this late pulls an out of state W2 that you have never filed before. i got a GA coming.

If I see a NYC W2 it will drive me insane! (Sorry NYC taxpayers, I am sure you don't like your return complexity either).

CT is beautiful!

Yeah, another dependent graduated, lived in CT, worked in MA while in college, then moved to NYC for his new job before 2012 ended. So, three states. one NR and two PY, plus NYC PY (just schedules on NYS return, though). I thought I'd get through all my extensions before I went to bed last night/this morning. But, still have lots to do plus the states that I have to file on the state web sites, like CT. Pleasantly surprised that MA accepted e-filing extensions through my software for both individuals and trusts. Thank goodness NY accepts extensions through my software for my commuters and PYs. Still CT is a pain and seems to crash often. And, I'm starting to worry that trusts/estates actually require paper and SIGNATURES for some states, maybe CT, remembering something from last year. I still have one return (foreclosure) that I promised to complete; they have a baby due in May and need their refund. And, one I want to do to stop a complaining client. I'm sure I'm going to miss some extensions. Just have to sort later this week and make sure I get to those first to minimize any P&I damage. Hated this year with Congress delaying the start of tax season -- and I don't use ATX -- and the IRS computers crashing or whatever three times this week while I spend way too much time checking for acceptances. Rant over. Just meant to say Thank You and brain wouldn't stay focused.

Thank you for the OH extension info. Not looking forward to all those local returns I hear about, though!