ATX Community

TaxWorks Sold to Thompson Reuters

Mike D

I can't believe that H & R Bloch sold this company. They had such a stake in it and on many occasions opined that they are not for sale!

I guess a combination of 2012 fiasco along with the right price convinced them?

This doesn't bode well for my plan to negotiate directly with them for 2013, however maybe I can convince their successors to listen?

I will see them all in a few weeks at the NY Acoounting Technology Show and hopefully learn what's possible?

More information is available at http://CS.ThomsonReuters.com/TaxWorks.

Bummer.

Mike Dubin CPA

Guest Taxed

I thought you would have got a heads up from your contact there. I am not so sure TR will be in a mood to negotiate now because their goal is conversion to their product which we all know is pricey! It is too rich for my blood!

What is interesting to note is the statement from redgear ceo that they will be focusing on consumer tax preparation needs and their franchise. You know what that means for HRB.

All those taxpayer names and details they have will be receiving some sort of solitication from HRB next season. Perhaps a generous coupon?