ATX Community

12.16 - The TRUTH unedited! DO NOT INSTALL ON A NETWORK

Jack from Ohio

From personal experience and 2 hours on the phone with tech.

12.16 was released to do 2 things.

1. "Portalsafe" was added as a free offsite place to store files. I am truly impressed by CCH and their applying design engineers time to provide that for me. Heaven knows it is the most pressing problem facing ATX users today.
  2. Some people were experiencing a non-functioning back-up of files. This was the second issue supposedly corrected by 12.16

Additional issues brought to you by this latest "fix."

1. I knew more about what the update was to fix than the tech people I spoke to. Good job upper management!!
  2. Slowness in all areas of the program again.
  3. Program crashes when clicking on the icon to print the return. The return open at the time of the crash loses all information since the last "save."
  4. The automatic save function does not.
  5. The program erratically crashes when opening returns.
  6. Nothing was addressed to the long times for receiving acks in the e-file.
  7. The only recommendation given to me was to clear all workstations and the server and reinstall from scratch.

I am not seeing any REAL indicaton that CCH wants to "fix" the software. Unless I see major attitude shifts and REAL changes soon, I will rethink my idea of being a beta tester.

HA HA HA on number 7.

How many reinstalls is one to do before its right. I have had my fill of reinstalls and I am on a standalone xp.

How many times has Kimmie promised you "A FIX" ??

By now you should be dragging that horse down the road.

We still have over 200 returns we are waiting for signed 8879s before filing. Many amends to do that were put off till after season and returns continue to trickle in. For the program to keep working for a couple more months is crucial. These issues keep causing huge delays. It is the reason I am still fighting the fight.