ATX Community

The State of Georgia and 8453

samingeorgia

Earlier, a poster said that if you scroll to the right you find lots of info in e-file manager. I just did and saw that while the federal 1040 e-files all show practitioner PIN, there is a notation beside GA stating "8453 required".

What the heck!

Also, I want to finish some 1120's and 1120S's this weekend and the forms are marked "not approved for filing". This has happened before and it was the idiotic GA DOR sitting on its thumbs -- as usual.

Any ideas on either issue?

OK, I'll answer my own question for the benefit of anybody out there who's interested. GA has its own Form 8453 which has to be signed and kept in the preparer's files. So now we have two forms to get signed and keep up with.

The 1120S was updated this morning, but still says "not approved for paper filing". I went to the GA DOR website and found a "fill-out-able" form which can be printed. I'm using that for the ones I want to get finished this week. Get finished = off my desk = bill = collect fee.