ATX Community

Telephone discussion with ATX - Tayler Edwards (spelling incorrect) 090913

easytax

Just to share ---- Had a return telephone call from Tayler Edwards at ATX - overall account manager responding to a letter I had sent (Sept. 1, 2013) to Jason Marx at CCH/ATX. My letter restated the ATX 2012 concerns, lack of decent response, some suggestions on how CCH/ATX might address issues - going forward. Maybe wishful thinking --- but I left the discussion feeling better about CCH/ATX 2013 product. Beta testing started today 090913 and will run for about three weeks (using 2012 forms, data-sets, etc.) with additional roll-over, real forms and some of the things that can't be done (they don't have standards, etc. yet) to be done later toward October as standards are released by the Feds, etc.)).

Tayler left me with the impression, that CCH/ATX did have an idea about what ATX 2012 did to "some" of the CCH/ATX clients and that IT WOULD NOT HAPPEN AGAIN. It was mentioned that a "communication" initiative was in place to help clients know what was being worked on, etc. I shared that all I had seen was "selling messages" with nothing even remotely detailed about ATX 2012 problems, where it was going and ESPECIALLY what might be happening for CCH/ATX 2013. Tayler will look into that for my emails, as they should have been received along with the "selling" emails.

When I receive a copy of the "informational emails" that I have been "missing", I'll review and share again. After the discussion and the way Tayler responded, etc. I do feel a bit "more trustful" of using ATX 2013 and trusting CCH/ATX again.

We left it at --- I would telephone back early October after the beta testing was done and see where we stood (I do not have the funds to buy ATX, then have it fail (for my use) and await a refund -- to buy another program, so if I go with ATX, it needs to work (some glitches - always occur) BUT --- NOT another ATX 2012).

I felt confidence in Tayler so if beta goes well, I'll probably go ATX 2013. I lean toward that and am not wearing "rose colored glasses"

ALSO --- do not call me with any "property for sell" from the Everglades or related land types --- easytax001.

note: I'm just a small one person - less than 100 returns (all 1040's as I stopped all but sch. C business when in rehab (medical)) using the 1040 program (NOT 1040 Office, just 1040)). So if they cared enough to speak to a little guy that doesn't generate a lot of fee's or research, etc., they might deserve another chance (once they fix the program).

• Like 1

I truly and sincerely hope it works for you and ATX. But as I stated a couple of months ago and still believe, for the one man, one computer shop, ATX will be a great program for 2013. For those of us running a network environmnent, I have not seen or heard anything that convinces me that ATX has corrected the issues that plagued 2012. That is why I chose to leave. And the question did pop into my mind as I was typing this, I wonder if any of the beta testing is being done in a network environment.

Anyway, thanks for sharing and I do hope ATX gets it together.

Pay attention to all my posts on this subject. I am a beta tester for standalone & a domain network. I have had significant and numerous discussions with directors of the total software and the development division. Trust me when I say that I gave them the thorough going over and in depth grilling about the actual changes for 2013.

My impression is that the new people in charge are seriously on board to put out a 2013 product that works. Stay tuned.

• Like 3

Pay attention to all my posts on this subject. I am a beta tester for standalone & a domain network. I have had significant and numerous discussions with directors of the total software and the development division. Trust me when I say that I gave them the thorough going over and in depth grilling about the actual changes for 2013.

My impression is that the new people in charge are seriously on board to put out a 2013 product that works. Stay tuned.

So do tell. The first day of beta testing is behind us. What do the early returns indicate? If I remember correctly, ATX was long on talk short on substance last year. So far this year all I have heard about is the long own talk. Time will tell about the substance.

Still waiting for that moment when they (the ATX folks) do the right thing and own up to the issues of last year. That little fact indicates not much has changed corporate-wise. That and the fact that the sales rep I have had for the last two years called a month ago to introduce himself as my new ATX sales rep. Mind you, I have bought just about everything with the ATX name brand on it for many, many years.

So do tell. The first day of beta testing is behind us. What do the early returns indicate? If I remember correctly, ATX was long on talk short on substance last year. So far this year all I have heard about is the long own talk. Time will tell about the substance.

Still waiting for that moment when they (the ATX folks) do the right thing and own up to the issues of last year. That little fact indicates not much has changed corporate-wise. That and the fact that the sales rep I have had for the last two years called a month ago to introduce himself as my new ATX sales rep. Mind you, I have bought just about everything with the ATX name brand on it for many, many years.

A partial day of testing is way too soon for me to give any recommendations. Check the rest of my posts about beta testing. The testing will be three weeks long and I am restricted about what details I can tell. Rest assured, I will give the program a thorough testing.

If you are looking for them to bow at your feet and kiss them to make up for the bad 2012 program, you will be waiting a long long time. If that is your requirement for using them in 2013, sticking with someone else may be your best option.

If I did not think they were serious about 2013, I would not be as involved as I am. Pay attention to my thread about the CAB. The current leadership is totally different and seem to have the right attitude.

I spoke to 3 different department managers while I was at the IRS Forum in Atlanta. I was very straight and brutally honest in my conversations. EVERYONE there knows that 2012 was a total disaster for about 40% of their users. No need to keep rubbing it in their faces, as most of the leadership in place now had nothing to do with the 2012 debacle.

• Like 1

A partial day of testing is way too soon for me to give any recommendations. Check the rest of my posts about beta testing. The testing will be three weeks long and I am restricted about what details I can tell. Rest assured, I will give the program a thorough testing.

If you are looking for them to bow at your feet and kiss them to make up for the bad 2012 program, you will be waiting a long long time. If that is your requirement for using them in 2013, sticking with someone else may be your best option.

If I did not think they were serious about 2013, I would not be as involved as I am. Pay attention to my thread about the CAB. The current leadership is totally different and seem to have the right attitude.

I spoke to 3 different department managers while I was at the IRS Forum in Atlanta. I was very straight and brutally honest in my conversations. EVERYONE there knows that 2012 was a total disaster for about 40% of their users. No need to keep rubbing it in their faces, as most of the leadership in place now had nothing to do with the 2012 debacle.

I never expect anyone to bow at my feet and kiss them. That is not my style. But I do think some communication that is not in the form of a sales pitch would be in order. If I did to one of my clients what they did to us, I would be bending over backward early and often to convey my remorse. You know, again, as I have stated before, it cost a great many of us lost clients, lost hours, lost revenue, and some of us even took a hit to our health because of the added stress. For all of those reasons and the fact that ATX will not own up, I will have a very difficult time trusting them. The fact that the beta testers were sworn to secrecy speaks volumes, in my opinion.

Good luck. I hope it works for you.

I never expect anyone to bow at my feet and kiss them. That is not my style. But I do think some communication that is not in the form of a sales pitch would be in order. If I did to one of my clients what they did to us, I would be bending over backward early and often to convey my remorse. You know, again, as I have stated before, it cost a great many of us lost clients, lost hours, lost revenue, and some of us even took a hit to our health because of the added stress. For all of those reasons and the fact that ATX will not own up, I will have a very difficult time trusting them. The fact that the beta testers were sworn to secrecy speaks volumes, in my opinion.

Good luck. I hope it works for you.

Another tax software is DEFINITELY the best route for you. You ARE looking for a special word from them. "The fact that the beta testers were sworn to secrecy speaks volumes, in my opinion." Since you are part of the testing group, you know exactly what and why. Stick with your new software, and file a lawsuit if your damages were as extensive as you say.

Another tax software is DEFINITELY the best route for you. You ARE looking for a special word from them. "The fact that the beta testers were sworn to secrecy speaks volumes, in my opinion." Since you are part of the testing group, you know exactly what and why. Stick with your new software, and file a lawsuit if your damages were as extensive as you say.

Well I have done pretty well over the years without having you tell me what to do, so I guess I can continue in that mode. Which software I do or do not use is not a concern of yours. We will continue to have differing opinions about what should be or should have been ATX's response to the 2012 debacle. Stay well my friend.

Play nice!!!! Don't make me turn this car around!!! Go to your room! OK - -I am having flashbacks from when my kids were young- - -

BUT - -As I also told the powers that be that I would be as vocal if they improved the program or not, that I would NOT make any changes to my computer (Vista 64 with 4 g Ram) and am a stand alone one person office. - -They took a HUGE gamble on selecting me - - -HUGE!

Sooooooooooooo when we CAN divulge any information - -trust me - - -WE WILL - -often and LOUDLY! :ninja: