ATX Community

Checkpoint for Drake Users 2014

Guest Taxed

Drake is now offering Checkpoint online at a discounted price of $89 (1 user), $99 (5 users) for the 2014 season.

If you like Tax Library you can get that for $119 (Web version)

Go to their support page -> Partners for order form etc.

I used to have checkpoint until they really went up in price.

What is interesting is the pricing that Drake negotiated with Checkpoint was lower than TTB??? TTB was $89 last year?

You get more with Checkpoint that TTB Web Library (no IRS code and cases)

So unless you are hooked on TTB it makes sense to go with Checkpoint.

What do you get in the checkpoint subscription?

I have Parker now, and want to see if this adds anything.

Also, I was planning on getting a Quick Reference guide and something like the Master Tax Guide as well, so was looking at TTB. If Checkpoint fits that bill I might add it to my Parker subscription (http://www.parkertaxpublishing.com/).

With checkpoint you are getting all that is available with Parker. Your basic tax research, regs, TC, form line #s. You can do boolean search.

There is a link to a checkpoint demo on the Drake site and I bet you are paying more than $89 for Parker.

Most definitely

With checkpoint you are getting all that is available with Parker. Your basic tax research, regs, TC, form line #s. You can do boolean search.

There is a link to a checkpoint demo on the Drake site and I bet you are paying more than $89 for Parker.

Yea, Parker is $249.00 per year and it's explanation leaves something to be desired.

Sounds like Checkpoint is the way to go for only $89.00!

I hope $89 is not a teaser price to get people to buy and then next year they are back to their retail which is significantly more.

I have a feeling it is because last year TTB was $89 as well and this year it is $119.

• 1 month later...