ATX Community

NT - PLEASE READ

kcjenkins

http://www.glennbeck.com/2013/10/24/did-a-final-email-save-a-suicidal-man%E2%80%99s-life/

Did a final email save a suicidal man’s life?
Thursday, Oct 24, 2013 at 12:21 PM PDT
Glenn is calling it a miracle and it’s hard to see it any other way. A listener to the radio program who has been out of work and recently saw the love of his life leave him was about to commit suicide. They wrote one last email to Glenn, explaining that he just couldn’t fight it anymore. What happened next may have just been a miracle.
On any given day, Glenn gets hundreds and sometimes thousands of emails. But yesterday during the radio show, a staff member who was monitoring his account got a shocking note:
Glenn,
I am sitting in my running car right now, the garage closed. I’m done. No job, no prospects. Love of my life just left me. I can’t get past that too.
Thank you for getting me through a lot of things and getting me through to this point. You have saved me on more than one occasion. I don’t want to be saved anymore. I don’t want to even try anymore.
God, please forgive me.
Upon receiving the email, the staff reached out to Glenn’s security firm and the local police. About half an hour, the local police let them know that the man was alert and with the medical team.
“A miracle. And I say this to the individual that did it. You say you don’t want to be saved, but for that to happen, it was a full-fledged miracle because there are days that people don’t check my e-mail, and for your e-mail to come in while someone was checking and them to open your e-mail is nothing but a God thing,” Glenn said.
Glenn encouraged the man who wrote the note to find out why everything fell into place in such a way for him to be saved, and that he clearly was saved for a reason. You've got something to do. Find out what it is, my friend,” Glenn said,
“I would ask the audience to keep this nameless individual in Ohio in your prayers,” he added.
Consider saving this ad and sharing it from time to time.
If you are thinking about suicide or hurting yourself, or if you think someone you know is seriously thinking about suicide, please talk to a responsible adult or call 1-800-273-TALK (8255). This telephone hotline is available 24/7. The people who answer this hotline will help you.

Unless you can show some newspaper account and police investigation accounts, I don't believe a word that comes out of Glenn Beck's mouth. He has tried stuns like this before to promote his show. Remember his pitch to buy Gold to save yourself from financial ruin?

No I listen to serious intelligent conservative commentators. I think I named a few in another post previously.

But jokers like Limbaugh and Beck no.

I don't have any big hatred of the conservative talk shows or their hosts, but I have to admit that I had the same reaction that this story may be fabricated. Maybe it's to protect this person's identity, but because of the way this was written there's nothing in it that can be substantiated. To be totally fair to Mr. Beck, I'll go one step further and say that I would have had the same reaction no matter the source because I've seen too many instances of friends posting stories such as this one that get passed around on social media sites that are later found out to be totally false or fabricated. I shared a story 2 days ago that was a warning of a scam and within a few minutes one of my friends provided me with the facts that what I'd shared was not true at all.

• Like 1

If this story is indeed true then I applaud Beck's staff for calling the cops. But as you pointed out there would be more details. Attempted suicide itself is a crime and the cops would have charged this person.

Beck has pulled fast ones before, so it is a bit difficult for me to believe him in the absence of more concrete proof.

Please note, Glenn didn't take any credit for it. He wanted to give credit to his email reader, who didn't want to be named. The only person Glenn was congratulating was God himself. If you can prove this is fake, then we will talk. Typical small minded liberal, ad hominem attack, without any evidence to prove this a fraud.
Are you foolish enough to think people don't do things like this? I have a friend who has spent 22 years working with suicidal people. Maybe it's a hoax, maybe it's not, but there have been many REAL incidents just like this. But God does allow miracles to happen.
  • Like 2

Good at least you are enjoying Glenn Beck's shows.

Suicidal people have left suicide notes and message to family etc, but this got to be the first one calling Glenn Beck's show??

Yes miracles do happen and I can not prove or disprove by any scientific test that.

KC, maybe this thread belongs in the politics section since you took it to that with your second post that jumped straight to "hatred of conservatives" and your follow up post that included the phrase "typical small minded liberal, ad hominem attack". That seems like a big reaction to someone's questioning the validity of a story, don't you think?

Judy, I'm going to lock this thread, but first just let me explain that what upset me so much was that I posted it primarily because of the message at the end, plus the fact that my friend agreed with me that Glenn's message to the disturbed individual was a great one to remember if you ever find yourself in the position of needing to talk to someone about to attempt suicide. To have her react not to the message, but just to the fact that Beck was involved, really did hit me hard in a bad way. I've lost someone I loved to suicide, so her suggesting it was just a stunt, with no basis, really upset me. Let's leave it at that.

• Like 1