ATX Community

Problem with mailing labels.

ADGFINANCIAL

Using this slow time to get ready for the new tax season. We do a rather large mailing and are having problems making the mail label part of the 2012 program to work correctly. Go figure. We use Avery 5160. Never been a problem in the past now can't get them to align properly. Anyone have suggestion?

August @ ADG Financial.com

I just made 2 sheets of labels using Avery 5160. But I always export my mail address to Word and mail merge with my letter and use Word to print the labels.

You can print the alignment page and adjust the margins.

I just made 2 sheets of labels using Avery 5160. But I always export my mail address to Word and mail merge with my letter and use Word to print the labels.

You can print the alignment page and adjust the margins.

Just a question -- by the way, my mailings at present are less than 100 and I do have the time --- given my current circumstances.

With that said, last year I used the mail merge as you stated BUT printed, rather than labeled my envelopes. It seemed I got a better response and folks paid more attention.

Just a thought, as before many of my customers just looked at the envelope - saw labels and --- got rid of it without looking any further. They direct words when I asked about receiving my mailing.

I know --- finally the question --- would printed directly on the envelope get a better reception??

Just a question -- by the way, my mailings at present are less than 100 and I do have the time --- given my current circumstances.

With that said, last year I used the mail merge as you stated BUT printed, rather than labeled my envelopes. It seemed I got a better response and folks paid more attention.

Just a thought, as before many of my customers just looked at the envelope - saw labels and --- got rid of it without looking any further. They direct words when I asked about receiving my mailing.

I know --- finally the question --- would printed directly on the envelope get a better reception??

I use Word, mail merge, and format the addresses for a double window envelope. I have a red stamp for the outside: "Important Tax Information Please Open Immediately" as well. Much better rate of being read. Looks much more professional. I only have 1 printing, and one stuffing. The letters are personalized and look totally professional.

• Like 1

I use Word, mail merge, and format the addresses for a double window envelope. I have a red stamp for the outside: "Important Tax Information Please Open Immediately" as well. Much better rate of being read. Looks much more professional. I only have 1 printing, and one stuffing. The letters are personalized and look totally professional.

I like the red stamp idea! AND, yes the window envelopes might work --- I try to not have extra things (window envelopes vs. regular envelopes, etc. as I easily get carried away with having too much stuff ---"for when I need it" and have in the past ended up with several years of "supplies" --- just in case --- working on my phobia now.

Another thought --- sometimes I'm slow at the thinking ( :-) ) --- Has anybody used "click2mail.com" for their mailings? I've used that for some other (non-tax businesses) and it worked well. Over all the little extra cost more than made up for the ease of mailing and NOT having actual supplies tied up, stored, etc.. Had many of the same things; used MS Word, mail merge for addressing, etc.. Saved folding, stuffing, licking, etc.. I have to re-think this for possible use with my "tax side". However, still the question -- has anyone else used/tried "click2mail.com" for tax mailings?

If you have the hopper for envelopes then printing the address on the envelope itself is much more professional looking. My new Brother all in one printer does not have that hopper so for small mailings I use the address labels because I am mailing to my existing clients.

For larger printing to prospects, I use the window envelope as well.