ATX Community

AMT FOR 2014

Marie

I think AMT has been fixed for future years, correct me if I'm wrong. I'm doing some 2014 planning, and the planner in 2012 software is still showing an astronomical amount for AMT for that year (2014). I just updated and it stayed the same. Planner right or wrong? Should I use the calculations for 2013 to get an idea?

I think AMT has been fixed for future years, correct me if I'm wrong. I'm doing some 2014 planning, and the planner in 2012 software is still showing an astronomical amount for AMT for that year (2014). I just updated and it stayed the same. Planner right or wrong? Should I use the calculations for 2013 to get an idea?

Suggest you do NOT use the AMT from the ATX 2012 as it is still based on data BEFORE the AMT "fix". Therefore (my opinion) that part will not be correct. ATX 2012 v12.19 didn't have any updates to the planner (that I could find), so it's old law and data.

Once ATX 2013 releases their new/updated planner, hopefully (we'll have to look at it to be sure - nothings a given yet) that will work correctly -- with all new law and data, etc..

From the ATX board - conversation of 12-04-2013: ATXKristin:

The 2013 tax planner will be released shortly after the final instructions for the 1040 and several publications are released by the IRS.

Means LATE December at least -- best guess.