ATX Community

Installation will not be successful if you don't read the instructions

Jack from Ohio

For 2013, you must forget EVERYTHING you knew about ATX prior. EVERYTHING.

No more mapped drives. No choosing where the program installs. Nothing is the same as before. No RDP or virtual networking. Not only does the program not support it, remote networking from another office violates the license agreement.

FOLLOW THE DIRECTIONS with out changing anything!! I see everyone "falling back" to what was done in prior years. FORGET IT!!

Stop rethinking and changing the process, then complaining when it does not work.

I have installed 2013 in all possible configurations on 3 different networks. Install will work if directions are followed.

Now if you want individual help, send me a message. I have the correct answers.

Jack maybe it's not a bad a idea to post the instruction here in pdf?

MAS

The directions were included with the CDs. Clearly marked, and easy to understand. If I communicate directly with a user, I can be sure that the information is followed correctly.

Already spoken to two different users that did not follow my suggestions, and had to restart the entire process. You can lead a horse to water.....

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

My Dell Latitude E5520 laptop just shuts down whenever I start ATX 2013. I can see it happening in my process monitor. As soon as the memory usage gets to about 300MB, the laptop just powers down. Sometimes the program opens, but as soon as I open a 1040, it shuts down.

I have plenty of RAM (4GB), plenty of disc space (300+GB). I have swapped out memory chips, heat sync, fan and the problem persists.

It was working just fine until last week. No other new software has been added and I do not recall anyother item that would have changed my configuration. Any suggestions?

My Dell Latitude E5520 laptop just shuts down whenever I start ATX 2013. I can see it happening in my process monitor. As soon as the memory usage gets to about 300MB, the laptop just powers down. Sometimes the program opens, but as soon as I open a 1040, it shuts down.

I have plenty of RAM (4GB), plenty of disc space (300+GB). I have swapped out memory chips, heat sync, fan and the problem persists.

It was working just fine until last week. No other new software has been added and I do not recall anyother item that would have changed my configuration. Any suggestions?

When did you install ATX? Do other programs operate properly?