ATX Community

Is the 2013 program compatible with windows vista?

Lucho

The recommemdation from ATX does not mention "Windows Vista", however, I was told by ATX support that Wndows Vista and Windows 7 are the same OS.

I have a desk top work station with Windows Vista where I have transferred (imprteded) prior years returns from the old XP computer and also have a lap top with windows 7

I was trying to buy a new computer with Windows 8 but after hearing some news about it I decided to wait until maybe the middle of 2014

Any feedback will be appreciated

Lucho

Vista is an incomplete version of WIN 7. Buy new hardware with WIN 7. Not expensive. Vista will not support 64bit. Less trouble from now on if you update. When did the ATX technical people tell you that Vista was the same as WIN 7? I doubt it was a technician, rather one of the phone answerers that could only read scripts.

Just move into 2013-2014 and upgrade.

Vista is an incomplete version of WIN 7. Buy new hardware with WIN 7. Not expensive. Vista will not support 64bit. Less trouble from now on if you update. When did the ATX technical people tell you that Vista was the same as WIN 7? I doubt it was a technician, rather one of the phone answerers that could only read scripts.

Just move into 2013-2014 and upgrade.

I will upgrade.

Thank you for your post.

Lucho