ATX Community

"server only" installs

jshtax

We did the netowrk-server only install on the server and the network-workstation on the workstations. In trying to access the "admin panel" and it told me I could only change something from the server. On the server it appears there is no program installed as there is no program folder or program icon only a data folder. How can you access something on the server when the program does not appear to be there? Yes Jack from Ohio I followed the instructions as stated in the book and forgot all about the earlier years as this is obviously different since no mapping is required.

The server function of the program is not accessible. It will not show in the program listings. It works ONLY in the background doing the server functions. Don't mess with it.

Any instructions saying that you can change things from the admin panel for the server are incorrect. Instructions were printed before the last 2 restructures of the program immediately before release.

Trust me on this.

The server function of the program is not accessible. It will not show in the program listings. It works ONLY in the background doing the server functions. Don't mess with it.

Any instructions saying that you can change things from the admin panel for the server are incorrect. Instructions were printed before the last 2 restructures of the program immediately before release.

Trust me on this.

I trust you. So I am okay that ATX 2013 isnt able to run on the server? All my workstations find the server as the file location to run off of but I do not see where on the server I can run 2013 so I just log on one of the workstations as Admin to setup the preparers and so forth.

I trust you. So I am okay that ATX 2013 isnt able to run on the server? All my workstations find the server as the file location to run off of but I do not see where on the server I can run 2013 so I just log on one of the workstations as Admin to setup the preparers and so forth.

If you want to use the program on the server, you should have installed it as server and workstation. A choice in the network setup choices.

Follow the directions and don't rethink. You CAN run ATX 2013 on the server as well as on the workstations.

Admin functions can be done on any workstation.