ATX Community

Trying to Find My ATX 2012 Client Data

TonyP

I bit the bullet and switched to Drake, I'm now going to convert my 2012 client data from ATX to Drake. I'm trying to find where on my Win7 64-Bit Hard-Drive are my 2012 client return data? I looked at preferences on the 2012 ATX program and found that my back-ups exist in this location: C:ProgramDataCCH Small Firm ServicesATX2012Backup . Is that the location that the Drake conversion should go to or is another location? I used the default settings for all ATX activities when loading their software a year ago.

I found a folder in: C:Program Files (x86)CCH Small Firm ServicesATX2012 that contain numerous folders & files along with the ATX 2012 program, but I can't seem to locate the client folder file.

Drakes' Conversion program has a default location for the 2012 ATX client files as: C:wfx32client but it can't find any client data on my computer at that location.

Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.

TonyP, I recall seeing an entire thread on the Drake forum regarding ATX to Drake conversions and one poster mentioned the locations of the ATX files.

Do you have access to the Drake forum? If not please register ASAP there is a lot of info that you will find very helpful.

I think JKLCPA also posted the location in one of her posts.

I believe the default path for your 2012 ATX data files was C:ProgramDataCCH Small Firm ServicesATX2012FormsetsFormset).

This is what JKLCPA had posted in another thread.

TonyP please check this location.

Well, got the conversion to work. The problem being for some reason Drake UPS'ed a mailer which included a conversion disk for CCH Prosystem fx rather than just plain o'le ATX to me. I sorta looked at the disc that said "CCH 2013 Conversion Package" thinking it was the ATX conversion disc. After discussing with the Drake support, I noticed that it was for the wrong software. Not sure why Drake did this to me, I downloaded the correct Conversion file from their software support site and all of the files automatically converted. All is well.

• Like 1

When you placed your order by phone on on their website it asks which software you were using and they send the conversion CD based on that. But it is always better to download their latest conversion program from their support site.

Glad to hear that it converted for you. Now you will have to check some of the carryforwards. Please read the posts from JklCpa and others on the other vendor Drake on this board. There are some detailed posts on what converts and where you need some manual adjustments.