ATX Community

How do I -- format a post on the original MYATX site

easytax

On this site, the URL's post as clickable links.

Anybody willing and able to answer my question below? (interesting enough I asked this question to ATX customer service and was referred to another site for my answer as - ATX customer service answer - " Customer Support has very little interaction with the ATX Community board. Try contacting [email protected] for assistance with specific formatting of your board posts."

Guess what????? --- that's ERIC here on this board. No Eric is not affiliated with ATX but apparently they have heard of him as they refer people for answers to him. :huh::o :blink::P ---- KUDO's to Eric ...)

Here is my "formatting question" (remember - this pertains to how to -- on the ATX main forum):

From the comment boards last evening (12/30/2013)and at other times too, we find that some would like to be able to place in their posts "links" (possibly called "hyperlinks") so someone viewing the post could just "click" on the link and be taken to that posting, site, etc.. When "posting" either by typing in the text or by cut & pasting, etc. the URL or hyperlink address goes in as regular text. This occurs even if it was a "hyperlink" or "URL" in the original document/site address, etc., it only goes into the ATX forum post as a regular text entry.

There have been some who apparently have figured out how to change it to an active "hyperlink" but many of us do not know how.

Please advise on how to make text in an ATX forum post into a "hyperlink". Some of us would like to be able to reference others to a particular post, site, information, etc., other than showing just regular text and asking the viewer to do a cut & paste to their browser. It would be very helpful if they could JUST CLICK the "hyperlink", "URL", etc.

Do you know how to make an address (URL) into a hyper-link in the comments on the board? If so, please advise so we may start doing it this way.

Thanks in advance.

Do you know how to make an address (URL) into a hyper-link in the comments on the board? If so, please advise so we may start doing it this way.

Thanks in advance.

Easytax, here's how to do it:

It should look like this without the spaces before and after the square brackets at the beginning and end:

[_url_ ]your hypertext link here[_/url_]

(interesting enough I asked this question to ATX customer service and was referred to another site for my answer as - ATX customer service answer - " Customer Support has very little interaction with the ATX Community board. Try contacting [email protected] for assistance with specific formatting of your board posts."

Guess what????? --- that's ERIC here on this board. No, Eric is not affiliated with ATX but apparently they have heard of him as they refer people for answers to him. :huh::o :blink::P ---- KUDO's to Eric ...)

Eric was an employee of ATX from the early days, when ATX was still ATX, before CCH bought it. He formed this board right after CCH abruptly killed the Official ATX Community Board on April [6th ?] leaving us all without that very valuable resource. I think that's a good indication of the sort of relationship between the users and the old service tech group, that Eric took it on himself to do this for us, and many of the old tech group continued to help us on here. It is, I am sure, the thing that pushed CCH to restore the Official board before the start of the next tax season.

• Like 1

Easytax, here's how to do it:

It should look like this without the spaces before and after the square brackets at the beginning and end:

[_url_ ]your hypertext link here[_/url_]

Appreciate it --- tried it, it works well! I also tried to use it for an email address but that didn't work. What am I missing?

Thanks again and also in advance for the email help.

Eric was an employee of ATX from the early days, when ATX was still ATX, before CCH bought it. He formed this board right after CCH abruptly killed the Official ATX Community Board on April [6th ?] leaving us all without that very valuable resource. I think that's a good indication of the sort of relationship between the users and the old service tech group, that Eric took it on himself to do this for us, and many of the old tech group continued to help us on here. It is, I am sure, the thing that pushed CCH to restore the Official board before the start of the next tax season.

Shows Eric not only has knowledge BUT has a good heart, as he saw a need and wanted to help and fill a BIG void.

Thanks for the Eric information.

ERIC, THANK YOU again ! Stay as you are (well, happy, having fun and enjoying). If any of those are missing, here is praying and hoping for a good change for you; you deserve it.

• Like 1