ATX Community

OH RETIREMENT INCOME CREDIT

AnnieR

For some reason, the worksheet for the retirement credit is subtracting the amt of taxable SS from the pension income. In this case, pension income is 5580, taxable SS is 4748, which the software is subtracting from 5580 to come up with the 832 eligible for credit. I have to over=ride the SS amt to get the correct figure. Is it just me, or is this a strange little error in the software?

AnnieR

For some reason, the worksheet for the retirement credit is subtracting the amt of taxable SS from the pension income. In this case, pension income is 5580, taxable SS is 4748, which the software is subtracting from 5580 to come up with the 832 eligible for credit. I have to over=ride the SS amt to get the correct figure. Is it just me, or is this a strange little error in the software?

AnnieR

AnnieR, I've had to do the same thing. The reduction of the pension income for the amount of the SS taken out of

Ohio Taxable Income does not make sense, since Ohio taxes the pension income. I've had to override this many times

already this tax season.

Booger