ATX Community

e-filing

Sherri

I know this sounds stupid, but can I e-file my extensions now? Or do we paper mail them. This is the first time in 25 years I have ever had to file an extension, and I've filed 10.

Thanks

:blink:

Hi Sherri:

Ordinarily extensions MUST be filed by the due date of the return. If so filed the extension of 6 months is automatic as long as an appropriate estimate of tax owed is also timely filed.

I'm not sure what the procedure is to request an extension AFTER the due date of the return. I'm assuming, however, that even if such a late extension request is filed, there may be penalties and interest for not having paid the estimate of taxes owed in a timely manner. Of course, if there is no tax due, there may be a late filing penalty but no interest.

I suggest you call the practitioners "hot" line to discuss your next move before you make it.

Sherri, yes you may continue to e-file the returns. I'm not sure of the correct date, but I believe it is sometime in October. How are things in Ohio??

Eli

warm today finally, but rain. Love the pic . Hope your doing fine. I'm doin ok, working alot.