social security/mt paid to minister to help offset se tax 3247.68 box 1

Pension Fund contribution to pension board Paid by church $5943.36 NoBoxes

Auto allowance(.565 per mile) 2476.97 No Box

Health Insurance paid by church $4634.00 No Box

Books reinbursed by church $239.76 No Box

Continue ed $250.00 Box 1

W-2 Boxes 2,3,4,5,6 No entries.

Am I correct?

You are correct to place the salary and SS/Medicare offset in box 1. For the pension fund contribution you need to check the retirement plan in box 13. The health insurance paid by the church should go in box 12 with a code DD. The auto allowance, if it is an accountable reimbursement plan, should be shown in box 12 with a code of L. The books and continuing ed should also be shown in box 12, code L.

If the retirement plan is a 403(B ), for example, I would list that amount in box 12 along with code E (if paid by church means church paid it with pastor's funds). If there is not written accountable reimbursement plan that meets IRS standards the auto allowance, books and ed would probably be added to salary in box 1 and the pastor would need to take the appropriate expenses on 2106. I am assuming that you are going to add the ss offset to salary or it is already included in salary in box 1.

Edited by kcjenkins
to remove smiiey and typo

I intend to add the ss offset to the wages box. The pension fund is all paid by church with no salary reduction. Church pension board suggests certain % of paid wages and housing to calculate their contribution. The auto allowance was based upon 2012 mileage driven for church. Books are reinbursed by receipts. The ed allowance was a suggested amount based on prior amount. Do you still think my #'s will be ok?