ATX Community

Updating your system is important and critical

Jack from Ohio

onday, March 3, 2014

ATX 13.4.2 becomes the minimum required version Tuesday Mar 4
Updated 3-3-2014-- 13.4.2 version will be minimum required efile version tomorrow

Version 13.4.2 will become the required minimum version for e-filing on Tuesday, March 4. Once that is implemented, your returns prepared with an earlier version will be rejected by the Electronic Filing Center (EFC) with error codes 29, 36 or 38

ATX Version 13.4.2 - February, 2014

Here is my issue. People on official site have stated since updating server to 13.4.2 the server connection issue has returned. I have all workstations updated and no issues at all.

That is one reason I have not ever logged into that site.

On this note, so many users disregard the directions and suggestions of knowledgeable people. There are many things NOT PART OF ATX that have a direct effect on the operation of the software. They pick and choose what they do or ignore altogether the directions and suggestions, then complain when a problem arises.

Dedicated server system, 10 workstations and since 13.4.2 not a single event of "server retry" and we can have as many as 7-8 people working simultaneously.

i agree, there seem to be quite a few new users on the ATX board who haven't read the directions.

Almost all of the tech knowledgeable posters have changed software or they not posting on the board anymore .

The longtime users who still post on the ATX Board seem to be split between tech challenged posters who are having lots of

problems and users like me with very few problems who post once in awhile.

The main reason I still go to the ATX Board is to try to keep up to speed with any new arising software problems,

although I must admit I haven't had any of those problems last year or this year.

That is one reason I have not ever logged into that site.

On this note, so many users disregard the directions and suggestions of knowledgeable people. There are many things NOT PART OF ATX that have a direct effect on the operation of the software. They pick and choose what they do or ignore altogether the directions and suggestions, then complain when a problem arises.

Dedicated server system, 10 workstations and since 13.4.2 not a single event of "server retry" and we can have as many as 7-8 people working simultaneously.

I will try updating server this evening. We are transmitting from workstations today that are running 13.4.2.

i agree, there seem to be quite a few new users on the ATX board who haven't read the directions.

Almost all of the tech knowledgeable posters have changed software or they not posting on the board anymore .

The longtime users who still post on the ATX Board seem to be split between tech challenged posters who are having lots of

problems and users like me with very few problems who post once in awhile.

The main reason I still go to the ATX Board is to try to keep up to speed with any new arising software problems,

although I must admit I haven't had any of those problems last year or this year.

Last year there were tons of people on that board that couldn't read directions too, so they're not all new users. And a bunch that have issues using search to see if the question has been answered before. I use that board a lot less too.

• Like 1