ATX Community

Form 8615 - What am I doing wrong?

jasdlm

I want to add unearned income (over $1,000) for a child. I added an 8615 to the return. It is pulling the names of the parents and the Father's SSN into the space at the top that should be the child's name and SSN. Because of that, it is pulling the parents' Div and Int income into Line 1. I have discarded and readded the form. What could I be doing wrong?

Thanks!

Thanks, KC. The child has no earned income, but over $1,000 of investment income (barely), so I simply wanted to include the child's investment income with the parent's return. Somehow tonight I just wasn't bright enough to make that happen. You're exactly right, I was trying to add the 8615, which would go with the Child's return if I was filing a return with the child, instead of an 8814.

I feel like a complete idiot. Apologies for taking everyone's time. I even tried to google, but since I was googling the wrong form number, I had no luck.

Yikes. It's a double at Starbucks in the morning!