ATX Community

Seq: 1 ????

elfling

First efile reject of the season for me. Kind of typical dependent reject; not typical in what I see in the reject error box. I was expecting the sequence codes from the past that are listed in Pub 1345A. Not so. That leaves me with not knowing which one of the 3 dependents has rejected.

Tried the suggestion of going to MyATX for details and, lo and behold, locked out. Tried reset. No use. Read over and tried all the "admin" suggestions from all you fantastic board members. No dice. Sent email to ATX asking for help because sitting on the phone waiting for tech support while working face to face with customers would be downright rude. <_<

THE CRUX: Anyone know if "Form: RET 1040 PG00 Seq: 1" in a rejection actually refers to the first dependent on the return?

Elfling

First efile reject of the season for me...

...THE CRUX: Anyone know if "Form: RET 1040 PG00 Seq: 1" in a rejection actually refers to the first dependent on the return?

Elfling

This is exactly the same I am fighting. Read about my experience (adventure?) here:

http://www.atxcommunity.com/index.php?showtopic=1434

CCH changed the way the reject information is reported on the return, and even on the MyAtx site, it is incomplete. You will need to call the IRS e-help desk to get the information you seek. Last year, the software provided the information. I guess this is an "improvement?"

My computer knowledge makes me think that the information is being truncated for some reason. There is no sequence 1 on any form. Page 00 is right before the first page. It should read something like:

Form: RET 1040 PG00X Seq: 1X (or XXX)

I have submitted e-mails, and suggestions. I think I wasted my bandwith doing that. I am not even attempting to call "tech" support.