ATX Community

SHAME ON ONDESK FOR NOT GIVING A HEADS UP

mrichman333

I just realized that OneDesk does not support the 8868 extension form for Exempt Organizations. I have a CRUT to do which is a major return and I need a software package that supports and properly calculates this return. OneDesk does have the 5227 form but last year it calculated capital gains tax on Sch D which goes to the trustee's return and not the CRUT. A CRUT doesn't pay tax. This will be a determining factor for me for renewal.

I just realized that OneDesk does not support the 8868 extension form for Exempt Organizations. I have a CRUT to do which is a major return and I need a software package that supports and properly calculates this return. OneDesk does have the 5227 form but last year it calculated capital gains tax on Sch D which goes to the trustee's return and not the CRUT. A CRUT doesn't pay tax. This will be a determining factor for me for renewa

Agreed. I'm wondering if OLTPro has any features onedesk does not or if they are identical, because they are the same price. I am really upset about the AMT calculation, they either changed the way the program functions or it is not working correctly this year and they still have not figured it out.

Also I had a issue last year with the COG sold section, for other cost (not other Exp) the widow pops up for you to enter the items just like the other Expense section on Sch. C only unlike other expenses that are shown as a attachment there is no such attachment for other cost, so a person looking at the return has no way of knowing what "other cost" is made up of. I have a return with over $77,000 in other cost and I think the program should list what make up those cost, just like other expenses. I mentioned this last year, but they never did anything

Well I agree with you and I have decided to renew for next year. All of our concerns need to be given to them at the end of season with the hope they incorporate the much needed changes. I did alert Dan this morning to the missing 8868 form and the fact that last year the program calculated capital gains tax on a CRUT that does not pay tax. He said the engineers want to know about these things. So, maybe if we compile a list of items together they will be more apt to make the changes. I did ask about beta testing and I don't think this is something they are ready to do yet. Let me know if you want to put a list of concerns together. For me, the cost factor is what drives my purchase choice. This year I have had just over 100 returns but am not done yet. I will renew with the 50% down payment and then see if they make the changes before I send the final payment.

Well I agree with you and I have decided to renew for next year. All of our concerns need to be given to them at the end of season with the hope they incorporate the much needed changes. I did alert Dan this morning to the missing 8868 form and the fact that last year the program calculated capital gains tax on a CRUT that does not pay tax. He said the engineers want to know about these things. So, maybe if we compile a list of items together they will be more apt to make the changes. I did ask about beta testing and I don't think this is something they are ready to do yet. Let me know if you want to put a list of concerns together. For me, the cost factor is what drives my purchase choice. This year I have had just over 100 returns but am not done yet. I will renew with the 50% down payment and then see if they make the changes before I send the final payment.

Yep, cost is the factor for me also. Putting together a list is a good idea. I'll work on it.

1. On customer invoice entry, it would be helpful to know what I charged last year. When a charge wasn't paid last year the system notifies me so the information is obviously in there.

2. Rollover of data needs to be boosted. On W-2 and 1099s could we get state tax ID #s to roll forward, distribution codes on 1099s, data on a seller financed mortgage interest disappeared. On our state the school district and county where they live didn't roll forward. W-2 Box12 rollover of codes? Box 12 codes used the previous year on W-2 automatically added?

3. A refund applied to next years tax payments wasn't rolled over on the return.

4. Listing charitable contributions should be a spreadsheet entry system. Going in and entering each separately is cumbersome and slow. Something similar to either an investment entry type sheet (schedule D) or a Schedule C Other Expense sheet.

5. When entering tax free interest and dividends. Is it possible at that point to notify the software what amount is state taxable versus state tax free right on the 1099 entry? Instead of having to go to the state return and entering a lump sum figure.

6. Can preparer authorization to speak for clients to the IRS and /or state be universal to all clients? Setup/preparer checkbox?

7. If I have a state refund and not a federal refund, bank information won't roll forward for direct deposit. I have to manually enter the bank data again.

8. The ability to print off some worksheets would be amazingly appreciated. I realize that's a lot for the cost of the software. Even if the Federal analyser notified me explicitely WHY credits are limited or whatever else, it would be helpful.

9. In the client manager section of corporate and individual returns, is it possible to have an adjustable field so I can have a personalized STATUS line? Not a major deal but a nice feature sometimes to quickly see what status the return is in with multiple people working on it.

10. If I want to roll over a refund to next year, can that be a check box instead of entering an exact figure? Drake has an option where if there is a state or federal refund, you can tell the software to ALWAYS apply it to next year for that specific client and that option rolls forward each year so I don't have to remember. That's nice and seems easy to implement.

11. On the Year over Year comparison – it's great but can it be added to the list of forms to print out using the checkbox feature at print out instead of going into the return and printing separately?

The list of ideas I sent them. Wish I had included that Depreciation of asset is very cumbersome at times. There are times I just can't get it to work properly and I can't figure out why.

Where I live there are a lot of people who live in NJ but work in NY, even though I select NJ as state of residency W-2 info with a NY employer ID and no NJ idea does not cary to NJ return. I either have to make an adjustment on the NJ return or make up a NJ employer id so it caries.