ATX Community

$6 Fee for FeeCollect on top of $15?

MJG CPA

I had posted about this possiblity earlier in the season. At first the support person I talked to said there was an additional charge for the FeeCollect of $10.00 - of which $6 was supposed to go to CCH and $4 to us the preparer for 'upgraded software'. After I did finally get the FeeCollect to work, my first one went through fine - no extra charge. I have not had a chance to check the ones scheduled for tomorrow/Monday. I use Max with unlimited efile. It makes me wonder what's going on. Some people are making it sound like it's going to treated just like any other bank product. Last year we were told although it went through a bank it was not a true bank product. It will be interesting to see how this all works out.

I e-mailed a question to ATX support, but no response yet. I'm hoping they will reply so I don't have to call in. I also have paid for unlimited e-file, so am wondering why there would be any additional charge, other than the $15 fee we know about.

If I find anything out, I'll let you know.

I had 2 more FeeCollects go through today. I checked my account, the SBBT reports, MyATX info, and even the e-file info on My ATX. Everything I see only shows the $15.00 fee. I have no listing of any other fees from anywhere. I even checked the credit card I used to purchase my software - nothing so far. Keep me posted on what they tell you (if you actually get a response from them); a seemingly simple operation is getting more and more complicated. Good Luck to you.