ATX Community

Form 3115 - FY C Corp

jlewis

C Corp with FY 7/1-6/30, what is 3115 filing with the tax return requirement - C Corp's year beginning 7/1/13 or 7/1/14? I haven't seen it addressed in Rev Proc's but in various publications it gives effective date as taxable years beginning after 1/1/14 for repair regs. Seems that new IRS notices are still flowing with 2015-13 &14? If its in the literature, I've

missed it.

Any info would be appreciated.

C Corp with FY 7/1-6/30, what is 3115 filing with the tax return requirement - C Corp's year beginning 7/1/13 or 7/1/14? I haven't seen it addressed in Rev Proc's but in various publications it gives effective date as taxable years beginning after 1/1/14 for repair regs. Seems that new IRS notices are still flowing with 2015-13 &14? If its in the literature, I've

missed it.

Check rev proc 2015-13 for its effective date on pg 89-90 and rev proc 2015-14 on page 373.  Both have dates for fiscal years on or after 5/31/14, and look like those apply to form 3115 filed after 1/16/15, but 2015-13 also has some other transitional dates. 

Have these been officially released yet?  I can't find them directly on the IRS site, and KPMG posted links to these two rev procs on their site on 1/16 saying the IRS released advanced copies of them.

I am in a slight panic over this because I have a 5/31 fiscal year C corp on extension that is due 2/15 and need to get this finished. It is also a review financial statement that will require disclosure of changes.

missed it.

Just had a class, effective date for filing is years beginning before 1/1/15 so the last  available FYE would be 11/30/15.