ATX Community

ATX MAX works with Windows Vista Ultimate

Wayne Brasch

I don't know how many of you care now, but I have installed Windows Vista Ultimate and all versions of MAX back to 2004 work very well with that operating system. As we all know, there was some question as to whether or not it would work properly. I, so far, have not encountered any problems.

I am still very upset about the way we were all handled, or better yet mishandled, by CCH/Tax Wise/Kleinrock/ATX. I'm evaluating my options for next tax-filing season as many of you are. It is good to see many of you on this forum.

Wayne Brasch

I don't know how many of you care now, but I have installed Windows Vista Ultimate and all versions of MAX back to 2004 work very well with that operating system. As we all know, there was some question as to whether or not it would work properly. I, so far, have not encountered any problems.

I am still very upset about the way we were all handled, or better yet mishandled, by CCH/Tax Wise/Kleinrock/ATX. I'm evaluating my options for next tax-filing season as many of you are. It is good to see many of you on this forum.

Wayne Brasch

Wayne, I'm sure many of us still care about the ATX program operation. Yours is good news to those of us who may be purchasing a new computer in the coming months that may be loaded with Vista. Dell, however, has gone back to giving the purchaser an option as to XP or Vista, that seems to be a good move.

In any case thanks for the information. It gives one the confidence needed to load an archived ATX program on a machine running Vista.

It is good to see many of you on this forum.

Wayne Brasch

It's good to see you here, Wayne, and thanks for the good news on the program compatibility. Even if users change to another program for next year, they will still need to use the old ATX programs for many years for those folks who come in needing multiple years prepared.