ATX Community

Minor issues

Gail in Virginia

Below is an email that I just sent to ATX. I don't know if anyone else has noticed these problems - at first they seemed minor but it is kind of like water torture -as the season goes on and I am busier and tireder, they get to be more of an issue. If anyone knows a solution to either problem, I would love to hear it.

"There are some details in the program this year that I hope are going to be corrected. When I roll over a return, even though the preparer changes according to my preferences, the PIN number for the ERO signature on the 8879 remains the same as the preparer from last year, which may or not be me (I work in an office with three preparers on a network.) This is not good. The designee for the IRS to talk also remains the same pin number as the year before even if the preparer changes.

Another issue, which may be unique to Virginia, is that the returns that roll over do not keep the same locality code they had last year. Most of my returns are for Franklin County, and Virginia also has a Franklin City. The rolled over returns are showing Franklin on the data input sheet, and ## on page 1 of the 760CG. I have to re-select Franklin County on the data input sheet to get the 67 code to show up on page 1.

These problems may seem small, but they are wasting time that I would rather spend on tax issues. Can you tell me if there are any plans to fix any of these issues? Thanks."

You can also highlite the pin and hit the reset button if you have this years master set up wiht the new pin. it is a pain. Also the letter saying return has been efiled vs will be without having to click on state and federal to change it is bothersome. I'd like to see a fix for that. Another problem seems to be the roll over gives tp credits for estimated tax calculated on the 2006 file that rolls over esp on state.

Another problem seems to be the roll over gives tp credits for estimated tax calculated on the 2006 file that rolls over esp on state.

I personally like that this rolls over. Of course, as always, we have to check to see how much actually was paid in, and enter the dates. But if they actually did pay the planned amount, as the majority do most of the time, that's a bit less to have to enter. I don't see my needing to input dates as a problem, because if that was done by the program it might well be wrong. Lots of times they may mail a few days late or early, but having what was estimated there to compare to what was actually done gives me something to discuss with them, if they messed up by underpaying what I had set up, etc.