ATX Community

Form 3115-Comment Requested

jlewis

Having to print page 1 of 3115 so I can manually write in "See Stmt" on line 1(a) to reflect 3 concurrent change numbers with other information I have on a a couple of schedules that I would be able to use with several clients instead of preparing 3 individual 3115's. Then page 1  would be signed, dated and scanned in with schedules to complete the form.

Question-would scanning and attaching this form as pdf file to efile tax return satisfy requirement that the "original" is sent to IRS with return? When I look at it as an attachment in the return it is not as  crisp & clear as an original, and is a scanned pdf signature original? Maybe, as has been mentioned before here, I am 'overthinking" the situation.

Any comments appreciated, thanks.

A webinar on this the speaker said he didn't see a problem with attaching 3115 with schedules to efiled return and he didn't find anything to the contrary. I'm torn between that method or using the 8453. A pdf attachment would be easier and more efficient in my mind.

Any other thoughts?