ATX Community

Social Security look up -- if you need SSA -- new

easytax

From an email today ---

You are receiving this email from the Social Security Administration because you have registered for a my Social Security account, and you may be able to use a new online service that helps people who receive Social Security benefits and Medicare have the information they need to file their tax returns. If you didn’t receive or misplaced your SSA-1099 or SSA-1042S, you can now use your online my Social Security account to get an instant replacement for tax purposes.

You just need to go to www.socialsecurity.gov/signin and log in to your account. Once you log in, select the "Replacement Documents" tab. If you don’t remember your user name and password, we can help you. Just visit the link, select Sign In, and then select whether you forgot your user name, password, or both. After you answer questions to verify your identity, you will be all set.

Even if you don’t currently receive monthly benefits, or you receive benefits and don’t need a replacement SSA-1099 or SSA-1042S, we hope you will take advantage of the many services available with your my Social Security account at www.socialsecurity.gov/myaccount.

Just an FYI as I did not know this --- until now.

• Like 2