ATX Community

Filing in ATX w2 & w2c

easytax

Client gave me his w-2C from federal government (military) showing changes from what was originally reported --- he received it from his command. I also requested from him a copy of the original w-2 which he supplied. The original w-2 has all information as expected. The w-2c only has "certain" information --- those dollar amounts as originally reported and the corrected amounts for those items.

I have entered both in the ATX W-2 tab, one marked as corrected.

The original is needed to show some state withholding, Medicare and some other items that are NOT shown on the w-2c (which shows ONLY changed amounts for that entry (along with original entry too)).

I am lost, in ATX I have entered both under the w-2 tab (of course they add up). How should I be putting these into ATX.

If I was paper filing, I would simply send both the W-2 (original) and the W-2c (corrected) and show the net amount on the 1040. How is this done when e-filing?

Any ideas will be appreciated.

Thanks.

First one where I saw the W-2C showing only the corrected information.    Any "other" corrected W-2's in the past were always just that --- corrected W-2's simply marked corrected.

Overthinking (worrying) -- is worst for my mind than normal thinking ... :scratch_head:

Thanks again ---- back into easytax land now.

• Like 1