ATX Community

internet fees

Donny

Mapquest!!!!!! They need directions.

Now how do you get to the Mustang Ranch?

Tom

Lodi, CA

direction,amoung other things, one of the trucker web site listed this as as deduction. this is why I ask And since he just got married in 08 he better not get caught at "the ranch" or he will need it to look up a lawyer's name for a divorce. So I still need to know if I can deduct it.

So I still need to know if I can deduct it.

Facts and circumstances. What part of the internet is ordinary and necessary for his trucking business? If he can tell you for example that his broker only gives him loads via their website, and he must have access to the internet for that purpose, then I say go for it. Logs, exclusive use, business only, you know all the stuff to ask about.

If he just "heard" that it is deductible so he wants you to put it on his C, then I would not.

My 2 Cents.

Tom

Lodi, CA

Mapquest!!!!!! They need directions.

Now how do you get to the Mustang Ranch?

Tom

Lodi, CA

IF the Mustang Ranch is in the part of Nevada where it is a legal enterprise (I believe it is) AND the trucker entertains a client at The Ranch, wouldn't the cost of the activity be M & E deductible expense, AND the cost of the internet access to find The Ranch would also be deductible?