ATX Community

Recapture 179

Kea

Client took Section 179 and business use dropped 50% in 2014.  I'm showing the recapture on Form 4797 Part IV (manually) and (manually) carrying it to Sch C Line 6.  When I print the return, it only prints page 1 of the 4797 (which is blank since there are no sales).  It does not print page 2, even when I specifically check it in the print dialog box.

I also created the e-file to see if it is included.  It lists the 4797, but does not specify which page(s).

Is there a different way to enter this info so that the software knows to print / e-file the 4797 page 2?

Thanks

• 3 years later...

I resurrected this four year old thread because I manually figured Section 179 recapture for a client last week, and I think (hope) ATX would have done this for me if I knew how to use it better. It's done; entered at bottom of 4797 and on Line 6 of Sch C.  I'm glad I know how to do this, but I don't want to do it again.  I've learned all I care to the hard way.  So if you know what I should have done to get ATX to handle this, please tell me.  No hurry. 

• Like 2