ATX Community

ATX Archive Help

Terry D EA

First, I haven't been on this board for a while and I hope everyone is doing ok. The help I need should be an area that Jack can help so here they are:

1. Does the new ATX support past years before the CCH buy out. Specifically 2006? Explanation, I have a client who has received a notice from the IRS that appears to state they never got the return. Just assuming here as I am waiting on the letter to get to me.

2. I used ATX Max 2006, have installed the program, no problems and all is well so far.

3. I have the data base from 2006 backed up on an older machine and I see the client's name on one of the files but obviously cannot do anything with it. If I can't get any help from the folks at ATX, does anyone remember how to import the backup? I have to move those files to a travel drive but don't know what to do from that point.

If my memory serves me correctly, I attempted to get help on an older program some time ago and got the response that they did not support those programs which is why I am posting here. Any help will be sincerely appreciated.

Thanks!

To restore the backup, you have to close ATX and open the Backup-Restore program that should have been installed at the same time you installed ATX.  It's been a while since I've done it, but I believe you just need to click the restore tab, navigate to the database, and pick the return you want to restore.  Then when you close Backup-Restore and open ATX, the return should be there.

1 hour ago, PaulH said:

To restore the backup, you have to close ATX and open the Backup-Restore program that should have been installed at the same time you installed ATX.  It's been a while since I've done it, but I believe you just need to click the restore tab, navigate to the database, and pick the return you want to restore.  Then when you close Backup-Restore and open ATX, the return should be there.

I didn't know there was a separate program.  With ATX open, drop down menu from return manager shows Backup and Restore options.