ATX Community

HOW TO GET CLIENTS YOU LOVE

kcjenkins

Dear KC,

The article's author, Andy Andrews, apparently has clients of a higher caliber than I'm able to locate.  Some time ago I responded to a Chinese café owner's request to come see him about payroll.  Andy's rule #1 (must like and connect with client) couldn't be accomplished since he spoke little English (so his wife said) and "NO TAX" was the only thing he ever said to me.  We ran an endless loop of "You would owe X dollars of withholding/SS" and "No Tax" for about fifteen minutes before I threw in the towel and left.

Re Andy's rule #2 (must have a great level of belief in their team); no soap there, either. His wife was the entire team and sported a black eye hinting perhaps which way the team was headed.

So anyway, I'm not entirely sure Mr. Andrews is down in the trenches with the rest of us. default_biggrin.png

6 hours ago, Elrod said:

Remember... there is always an exception..........The philosophy of it's use will in most cases at least, maintain your sanity, and good nature...t2003.gif

True, true.  Must always look at the big picture, I suppose.  And being cynical, even if a brick wall attitude keeps bouncing you off it, gets one nowhere. 

"There's no such thing as a bad boy." --- FATHER EDWARD FLANAGAN (1886-1948) - "BOYS' TOWN" - Omaha, Nebraska

• Like 1

On 3/28/2016 at 2:55 PM, BLACK BART said:

So anyway, I'm not entirely sure Mr. Andrews is down in the trenches with the rest of us. :D

Maybe not, Bart, but I bet he started there.  and perhaps we can all benefit from the basic philosophy, at least that's my thought.