ATX Community

Hooray! EA card arrives.

BLACK BART

Talk about great government service - here it is already on April 4th and was only applied for on November 5th. Too, the old card only expired three days ago on 3-31-16 (sorta like getting one of those invoices with a due date several days before you receive it).  But...no reason to complain - it's not like anybody's demanding to see it -- come to think of it, the only one who ever asked me what "EA" is was the guy who printed my business cards.

Anyway, to offset my complaint, the mail also produced this postcard gem: Playboy offers a full-year subscription "for a token $12" or a dollar each.  But I'm not jumping on the deal  since that's about what I paid for the last one I ever bought.  Besides, it's a bit late to be offering such to me now at age 76 (while Hefner is holding up surprisingly well at 80+, I attribute that to the 26 year-old company he keeps). Ironically, while dangling this low-rent offer, they also announced that, as of March 16th, babes-in-the-buff will no longer be featured. Oh well; I was never lucky at poker either.

But, that aside, I KNEW I should have resisted clicking on that bikini-clad temptress Fox News sidebarred with an in-depth analysis of serious foreign policy goin's-on (Honest! It's all about the articles). "They", advertisers, (not the government-it wouldn't be worth their time) really ARE watching you. :D

Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they aren't after me. --  Anonymous

• Like 8