ATX Community

Who uses CPE from ATX-CCH ?

JAinNC

I am looking at the ATX/CCH Learning Center? $280.00 for unlimited CPE 1 year. I hate just reading the screen, so if this is what I do, I'll just print the info to read before testing.

Does anyone have an opinon as to friendly use ... good material ? I looked at the online catalog and did read some users responses on some courses. At CCH site it costs 349.00 but with a few more courses offered.

I took a few courses from the CCH about 10 years ago and I can't remember if I was pleased or not. I must have needed to learn something really fast. Memory slippage.

Thanks for input.

>>unlimited CPE 1 year<<

How much CPE do you want this year? I haven't taken any of their courses but they sound rather simple to me. For example, there is one on Uniform Defintion of a Child, but it's only one hour -- you can get more than that out of Pub 17! Of course, there are plenty of advanced topics too, including research skills, so you can probably get your money's worth.

ATX also still offers Kleinrock CPE, which I used last year. I found that to be fabulous, full of lots of ideas I had never thought of before. Like you, I print out the book so I can take notes and look back later.

Janen,

Thanks for the reply. I was looking at some of the corp courses, AMT update, also I want something detailed on disolution and/or sale of corps (s and c) when shareholder retires, or dies. Also some 1041 estates that last more than 2 years, and IRA upcoming changes for the 2 year window of roth conversion 2010 (?) and retirement and estate planning.

I do see now that you mention it - many are of the 1040 courses are basic but some are intermediate or updates. I think the unlimited apealed to me b/c if I looked at a course and decided it was not want I wanted --- I could move to another choice.

I only need the 16 hrs... and course 2 hrs have to be in ethics. I think I got 38 or 40 hours last year because I just did a little extra for the knowledge - not necessarily the CPE credit.

I used a few of the mail in Quick finders courses for business and ethics also. I already have Qk Finders anyway and I like my printed materials. I also have The Tax Book -- any CPE there- I'll check that out.

I have an old 990 guide from several years ago from PES. Have you used PES?

With ATX Keinrock CPE - can you print out the material completely before you take the test?

Appreciate you feedback on this.