ATX Community

Form 8962 with other spouse on Medicare

Wendy

I have a couple that has one spouse on Medicare and the other on Mass Health.  Spouse received 1095 A with amounts in Part III.  When I try to allocate the amounts the form wants the info from the other spouse 1095 - which obviously doesn't exist. How to I report just her inf?   I'm confusing myself I know.  I hate this form.  

3 hours ago, Wendy said:

I have a couple that has one spouse on Medicare and the other on Mass Health.  Spouse received 1095 A with amounts in Part III.  When I try to allocate the amounts the form wants the info from the other spouse 1095 - which obviously doesn't exist. How to I report just her inf?   I'm confusing myself I know.  I hate this form.  

If you look at the instructions for line 9 of the form, I think that you don't need to allocate any of the amounts from the 1095A if that policy doesn't cover anyone outside of the H-W's tax family, and if no other tax family purchased coverage for anyone listed on the return you are preparing.  If that is the case, I think you check "No" on line 9 and fill in either annual totals or monthly amounts for the wife only.

• Like 2