ATX Community

8880 available - honesty optional

BLACK BART

It's a good thing IRS makes me take that 2 hours ethics every year (not to mention my hardshell Baptist parson preachin' hellfire and brimstone) when there's stoled gold layin' ever'where.

I just slogged through a long, tedious return, took a $400 retirement savings credit (even though T/P made a $30K pension withdrawal in 2016), ATX allowed it, and my assistant caught it.  ATX does this every year and I have to remind myself to watch out for it -- now gotta re-fix the dang thing.  I could maybe understand if it was a previous year's withdrawal, but it's right here on the current year form and there's no red error message.  Can't figure out why there isn't an automatic stop on it; I've seen it before (on other software too) where it went through and somebody got the credit. Apparently IRS is not mindin' the store on this.

• Like 6

This looks like as good a place as any -  could it BE any more cumbersome to enter assets in ATX?  It's a space ship up in here.  And it's as if you can see one star in this whole universe at a time.  The scrolling.  The trying to widen the place you want to see.  The fighting with the date.  Come back here, why do you want to jump to the day, let me enter a month, for the love of God...

• Like 6