ATX Community

The epitome of disgusting behavior.

redux

It’s pretty clear that a three month vacation is MORE important to the Dems than all their rhetoric since last November, about a date certain for troop withdrawal.

Isn’t it interesting and very revealing, how the Dems claimed that adding a date certain for troop withdrawal from Iraq to the war funding bill was the most important element ever. They went through the motions with a recent funding bill even though they knew that Bush would veto it. More clearly, they completely wasted their efforts with that bill fully knowing it would not become law. Once the veto occurred, they, through Pelosi, claimed that they would be working diligently on a new bill and it WOULD include a date certain for withdrawal because they were tired of giving Bush a blank check with no oversight and no prospect of ending this war.

There has been a change of heart, I guess. The latest bill provides the $120 Billion in war funding (and $20 or so Billion for pork barrel items) in a so-called compromise bill. (Bush said he wanted a clean bill – no pork barrel).

It makes one wonder why the change of heart on the Dems part when they were so adamant about their stand…oh yes, I forgot, they want to go on vacation for the summer and out of the goodness of their hearts, they don’t want to leave DC with the war unfunded. Never mind that 300 or 400 more troops will die while Congress is on vacation, that’s unimportant to them…at vacation time. They even have the audacity to declare the troop withdrawal will continue AFTER they return.

So it seems that they’re telling us how important their position is and how strongly they feel about troop withdrawal…as long as that position doesn’t interfere with their scheduled vacation, how disgusting.

By the way, is anyone of you going to get three months off with pay this summer (no teachers need respond). Let’s see, 100 Senators and 435 Congressmen at roughly $165,200 per year = $88,382,000, and of course the leaders of both houses make more than that + benefits. So that’s $22,095,500 for summer vacation for these folks, plus whatever they charge us for their travel around the world on "fact finding" missions.

Now don’t go telling me what a tough job it is, they all knew what the job was about when they spent millions applying for a job that pays $165,200.

Hey, let's cut them some slack here.

Conducting all sorts of social experiments with other people's lives and finances is grueling work.

It requires real effort to get things as wrong as they do on such a consistent basis.

And you've got to admit that dollar for dollar we have the best politicians money can buy.

Hey, let's cut them some slack here.

Conducting all sorts of social experiments with other people's lives and finances is grueling work.

It requires real effort to get things as wrong as they do on such a consistent basis.

And you've got to admit that dollar for dollar we have the best politicians money can buy.

You're right John, I guess I just lost sight of reality there for a while.