ATX Community

Vista with ATX Acctg ?

RJM

I just bought a new PC, but had to buy with Vista. Also I use the ATX accounting package, and am wondering if Wayne or anyone else has tried the Vista OS with the accounting package. And what was the result?

Will try to install the old tax programs either on an XP partition, an old PC, or using the "XP emulator" option on Vista, assuming ATX will not support pre-2005 tax programs for Vista.

By the way, I re-upped with ATX for 2007. Nothing else appears to meet my needs for the cost. Will wait for the CCH decision on Taxwise vs ATX. I would think that they will spend significant effort on a conversion utility if ATXers are migrated over to Taxwise for 2008 season.

... Will wait for the CCH decision on Taxwise vs ATX. I would think that they will spend significant effort on a conversion utility if ATXers are migrated over to Taxwise for 2008 season.

For 1040 returns, TaxWise already has a conversion program from ATX (see http://www.taxwise.com/products/conversions.html ) and ATX has a conversion from TaxWise (see http://www.atxinc.com/conversion/index.aspx )

RJM,

I don't use the ATX accounting package, but I can tell you that Microsoft Office Accounting Express works well with Vista Ultimate as you would expect.

Wayne

Thanks Wayne. Maybe my best bet is to run the accounting package on the old PC until ATX can provide an accounting package update, late summer I think. Never looked at the MS Office accounting package. The main reason I use ATX accounting is that it transfers payroll return data magically to the tax package. Does the MS Acctg Express include linked 941's and 940's? and are they e-fileable? This would make it worthwhile to look at for my client base.