ATX Community

Trouble getting faxes from IRS

Abby Normal

Two days in a row I called Practitioner Priority line to get transcript faxed for dead guy (eservices won't allow me to download). Two days in a row my fax line never rings with a caller ID that could be the IRS. The second time I asked if they should put a '1' in front of my number and they say no, they don't need to.

Anyone else not getting faxes from PPS?

On a positive note, my wait time was less than a minute both days.

Oh heck, yes; perfectly nice agent promised me several years of transcripts yesterday morning, 7:20am -- had got into Practitioner's Hotline by 7:01am (with, yes, only a 1-minute wait).  Last thing, last night I finally whinged to my spouse how disappointed I was; did the agent mis-transcribe my fax number (how come they seem never to read it off the 2848 or 8821)?  Whom should I report my missing faxes to, too?

Interestingly, I was resorting to PPS because e-Services had barred me for allegedly entering incorrect logins thrice, the day before.  Well, even had I mis-typed the login the first time, I certainly hadn't, the second time.  When I called that 'third strike' false to an e-Services Helper an hour later, he told me that e-Services recalls our errors for *weeks* now.  And, yes, I had mis-typed a login some time ago in the misty past.  (Sic)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1