ATX Community

Can you copy a form from '06 to '07?

PapaJoe

Does anyone know if it is possible to copy a form from ATX 2006 to ATX 2007? There is a local sales tax form that I use a lot that, for some reason is not available in the 2007 program. I know the form has not been changed by the local government. Is there a way to copy the form from the 2006 program into the 2007 program so that I don't have to go back to '06 each month just for that one form?

I was just waiting for someone to jump in and say that yes you could... Personally if the program was on my desk, I could do it for quick printing purposes, but it would cause a bunch of problems, especially when they did update the form. If the form TRUELY hasn't changed, then why would they not update the form for you?

If the form TRUELY hasn't changed, then why would they not update the form for you?

Maybe they will SOME DAY! I could use the form RIGHT NOW. This is a local sales tax return which hasn't changed in years. I don't know why it wasn't just transferred from the 2006 forms folder to the 2007 forms folder when ATX made the annual change over. If I had time, I'd ask them.

PapaJoe, I believe I remember seeing one time that you are in Alabama. If you are and prepare sales tax reports with Alatax, STACS, or St Claire County, I have prepared forms that are almost exactly like their forms on Excel. I have been using them for over a year and have had no problem with them. They probably don't even know it's not their own form. You can just enter the date, gross sales, and deductions in one place and everything carries over and calculates for you. All you have to do is print it out. If you or anyone else that prepares Alabama sales tax forms using those forms will private message me, I'll be glad to email you a copy.

Gene

Thanks, Gene, but it's just as easy to go back to '06 ATX as it is to go to an Excel file. I've developed some Excel forms myself that are not available in ATX. PM me if you want to discuss swapping forms.

By the way, thanks to your message I looked at my last message and it doesn't show that I'm from Alabama. Guess I'll have to go see what happened to my profile. I haven't changed it to delete the state.