ATX Community

Moving Expenses ?

Eli

Client shows an amount of $8157 with a code P in box 12. When I open the Form 3903 that amount rolls into that form and adds a substantial amount of tax on the return. Am I correct in deducting her expenses that she had in making the move?

Thanks!

Eli

Yep.

Client shows an amount of $8157 with a code P in box 12. When I open the Form 3903 that amount rolls into that form and adds a substantial amount of tax on the return. Am I correct in deducting her expenses that she had in making the move?

Thanks!

Eli

Thanks!

Eli

Eli, if I am wrong hope someone will correct me. Acording to your post, the $8,157.00 is the excludable moving expense reinbursment paid by the employer to your client; so , you do not need to open (file) 3903 form unless your client is to claim moving expenses in excess of the employer's reinbursement.

Thank you and good mornig (remember this is CA.)